What is Diabetes management at HSNT?
Diabetes management is critical for the health and wellbeing of those who are Type I or Type II diabetic. Having a care team that can walk with you through the many lifestyle changes that you will need to embrace and provide education to help you as you learn this new lifestyle will make all the difference. HSNT providers work diligently to help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels make the little changes that add up to big impact. If you or a family member has recently been diagnosed with diabetes, you may benefit from diabetes management at HSNT.
Diabetes (type 1, type 2, or gestational) can quickly become life-threatening if not treated properly. If you or your family are experiencing any of the following, please reach out to find a provider to help you get control of your diabetes right away:
- You are not able to effectively manage your diabetes or control blood sugar values at home
- You have diabetic wounds that will not heal
- You have new symptoms of diabetic complications, such as neuropathy or retinopathy
- You have trouble managing your weight with diet and exercise as a diabetic
- You have other health issues that make managing your diabetes very difficult
All of these factors can be detrimental to a diabetic patient of any age. This is why we feel it is imperative to offer case management to meet the unique needs of the diabetic population.
HSNT patients have access to services that will help them control their diabetes:
- If you have difficulty affording your prescriptions, HSNT offers a Prescription Assistance Program
- Case Management to help you connect to available resources
- In house lab testing
What Are The Benefits Of Diabetes Management?
Diabetes management at Health Services of North Texas provides essential benefits to help you live a healthier life, including:
- Helps you regulate your blood sugar more effectively
- Reduces risks for serious health issues
- Provides earlier diagnosis and treatment of health issues
- Offers health education and life skills
- Includes needed support and help
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight
- Offers diet, nutrition, and exercise counseling
- Connects you with valuable health resources
- Provides in-house lab testing
- Includes telehealth services
Diabetes Management Reviews
"Was referred by Health Services in Lewisville tx to Health Services of North Texas in Denton TX. And the entire health team are awesome! They treat you so nice and have patience and are very professional. Never forget I went in there so sick and I was well in 2 days after the prescriptions given for my hypertension, high blood pressure and diabetes type 2 . and also guided me with much information for a healthier diet .They gave me dose that truly helped me be all controlled. Dr.Nora is awesome! Highly recommend Health Services of North Denton to all. 😍"- M.G. / Google / Jul 29, 2021
What to Expect with Diabetes Management
When you choose Health Services of North Texas to help you better manage your diabetes, you can expect our providers to work closely with you to develop a personalized, comprehensive care plan that best meets your needs. With ongoing surveillance and monitoring, we will help to ensure your diabetes is managed properly and identify adjustments that may need to be made to your diabetes management plan along the way in order to provide relief from unwanted symptoms and prevent more serious complications and conditions from arising. Rapid, convenient access to your provider - including via telehealth visits - will be available to you, as we understand the time-sensitive nature of many diabetic concerns or conditions. If you believe you have having a diabetic emergency, visit your nearest ER or urgent care right away.
About our case management services
Services we offer in diabetes management for our patients:
- Getting resources when needed, such as prescription assistance, behavioral health services, counseling, and more
- Assisting with wound care
- Helping with the facilitation of an emergency situation
- Making sure you are getting the medications you need, such as insulin, syringes, diabetic testing supplies, and more
- Providing diabetes education for every day and emergency situations
- Having a strategic plan for what to do when you experience hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- Helping you recognize the symptoms of diabetic complications
- Teaching you and/or your caregiver how to administer insulin correctly and how to check blood sugar levels and ketones
As each patient we care for at HSNT has their own challenges and health histories, we do our best to give care where and when it is needed most.
We also have telehealth Services
Even in times of crisis when medical facilities are not seeing patients in the office, diabetics do not have the luxury of putting a pause on their medical care. We are offering diabetes management through our telehealth services to continue getting our patients the medication, supplies, and support needed. Access to healthcare is essential to many patients at HSNT, but it is vital to our diabetic population. This is why we do our best to host appointments through our Healow app and keep a line of communication open for patients with diabetes.
Diabetes Management FAQ
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
Common symptoms of diabetes include:
- Being very thirsty or very hungry
- Frequent urination (especially at night)
- Blurry vision
- Losing weight without trying
- Numb or tingling hands and/or feet
- Very dry skin
- Sores that heal very slowly
- A higher than normal number of infections
What are the major risks for diabetes?
- Being overweight
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Genetics (family history)
- High blood pressure
- Gestational diabetes
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Abnormal cholesterol and triglyceride levels
What are some tips to help manage diabetes?
- Eat a healthy diet
- Get regular exercise
- Regularly check blood sugar levels
- Stay well hydrated
- Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks
- Know your blood sugar levels
- Properly store insulin
- Report any problems to your doctor quickly
- Be careful with any new medications
Let's address Your Diabetes with Care
If you would like to learn more about our diabetic case management services for yourself or a family member you provide care for, please reach out of HSNT at your earliest convenience. There is no cure yet for diabetes. Having the appropriate access to medical care is essential to you and/or your family member with diabetes.
Request an appointment at one of our locations in Denton, Wylie, or Plano, TX to discover more about this impactful service.
"It's like family taking care of another family member" - An HSNT Patient Story
What sets HSNT apart, according to Jessica, is the sense of family she feels when she walks through its doors.Read
Introducing Lijo Abraham, FNP
Health Services of North Texas welcomes Lijo Abraham, FNP to our teamRead
Confidence in Her Care - An HSNT Patient Story
Having a trusted provider to work with and encourage you can make all the difference – and that’s what Robin Faulkner found at HSNTRead
Getting to the Heart of Women's Health
HSNT's Beverly Johnson, CPA, shares her medical knowledge, and her own personal experience, about women's heart healthRead